VCU Natural Language Processing Lab
[see also the research page for related information]
This page contains the various software modules developed in our lab. They are made available under the terms of GNU General Public License. Both data and software are distributed without any warranty.
For any questions regarding the content of this page, please contact Bridget McInnes, btmcinnes at vcu.edu
- UMLS-Association is a suite of Perl Modules that can quantify the association between biomedical and clinical terms using co-occurrence information from the Medline Baseline. [download].
- UMLS-Interface provides a Perl interface to the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS), a knowledge representation framework encoded designed to support broad scope biomedical research queries. The package is set up to access the Metathesaurus and the Semantic Network present in a mysql database [download].
- UMLS-SenseRelate is a suite of Perl modules that implement the sense relate word sense disambiguation algorithm using the semantic similarity and relatedness measures from the UMLS-Similarity package [download].
- UMLS-Similarity is a suite of Perl Modules that implement a number of semantic similarity and relatedness measures. The package was designed to quantify the similarity or relatedness between biomedical and clinical terms using information from the UMLS [download] [web interface].
- Algorithm-LDA is a perl module that implements Latent Dirichlet Allocation for Topic Modeling. [download].
- MetaMap-Datastrutures is a perl module that provides a container for the information extracted from machine readable MetaMap mapped text. [download].
- CuiTools is a freely available package of Perl programs for unsupervised and supervised word sense disambiguation (WSD) experiments.