I joined the Department of Computer Science at Virginia Commonwealth University from Fall 2011. Prior to that, I was on the faculty of the School of Computing at the University of Southern Mississippi. I received my Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Arlington in Dec, 2007 and worked briefly as a postdoctoral scholar in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center in 2008.
My research interests include
1) Systems Biology: Stochastic Modeling and Discrete Event Simulation
2) Reverse engineering, analysis and visualization of gene regulatory networks (GRNs)
3) Graph Theoretic analysis of protein interaction networks to identify functionally significant modules
4) Mobile, Ubiquitous and Grid Computing
5) Optimization problems in Wireless Networks