Editor: Southern Economic Journal
The research below is based in part on work
supported by the
National Science Foundation under Grant Numbers BCS 0904695, SBE-9973731,
and SBE-0527534. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations
expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily
reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
You can download most papers in PDF format. (I am in the process of updating the files, so some links might not work.)
· An Experimental Study of Traffic Congestion and Route Choice (2014) (with Emmanuel Dechenaux and Shakun Datta Mago) Forthcoming in Experimental Economics. PDF
· Traffic Congestion Mitigation: Combining Engineering and Economic Perspectives (with Sudipta Sarangi, Kostas Triantis and Dusan Teodorovic) (2011), Transportation Planning and Technology, 34(7), 637-645.PDF
· An Experimental Evaluation of the Serial Cost Sharing Rule (with Robert Dorsey and Michael Reksulak) (2007) Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 63(3), 283-314. PDF
· Congestion Allocation for Distributed Networks: An Experimental Study (with Yan Chen and Ted. Turocy,) (2007), Economic Theory, 33, 121-143. PDF
· Raising Revenues for Charity: Auctions versus Lotteries (with Doug Davis, Robert Reilly, Bart Wilson) in D.D. Davis and R. Mark Isaac (eds.) Research in Experimental Economics, vol 11. “Experiments Investigating Fundraising and Charitable Contributors.” JAI Press, New York. PDF
· Explaining Overbidding in First Price Auctions Using Controlled Lotteries (with Robert Dorsey), (2003) Experimental Economics, 6, 123-140. PDF
· The Conservative Equal Costs Rule, the Serial Cost Sharing Rule and the Pivotal Mechanism: Asymptotic Welfare Loss Comparisons for the Case of an Excludable Public Project (with Rajat Deb and T.K. Seo), (2006), Review of Economic Design 10 (3), 205-32.
· Strategy-Proof Cost Sharing, Ability to Pay and Free Provision of an Indivisible Public Good (with Rajat Deb and Tae Kun Seo) (2003) Mathematical Social Sciences, 45, vol. 2, 205-227. PDF
· Auction-Like Mechanisms for Pricing Excludable Public Goods. (with Rajat Deb) (1999), Journal of Economic Theory, 88, 340-68.
· Voluntary Cost Sharing for an Excludable Public Project (with Rajat Deb), (1999), Mathematical Social Sciences, 37, 123-38.
· The Indirect Ethics of AIG’s ‘Backdoor Bailout’ (with Daniel G. Arce) (2015) Forthcoming in Journal of Business Ethics. PDF
· The Evolution of Revolution: Is Splintering Inevitable? (with Atin Basu) (2012) PDF
· Hiding in Plain Sight: Using Signals to Detect Terrorists (with Atin Basu) (2006) Public Choice 128, 245-55.PDF
· No Pretense to Honesty: County Government Corruption in Mississippi (with Gohan Karahan William Shughart) (2006) Economics of Governance 7, 211-27. PDF
· Centralized versus Decentralized Decision-Making in a County Government Setting. (with Gohan Karahan William Shughart) (2003) Economics of Governance 3, 101-15.
· Speaking the same language before starting the conversation: Understanding the literacy levels and risk attitudes of uninsured Virginians eligible for health insurance exchanges. (with Andrew Barnes, Edward Millner), (2013).
· Understanding Patients' Valuation of Genetic Risk Information. (with Andrew Barnes, Edward Millner), (2013).
· Production and Gains from Trade (with Anderson L., E. Blanchard, K. Chaston, C. Holt, and R. Singleton), 2(2008) Perspectives on Economic Education Research, Spring, 4(1).
· Postcards from the NSF (with Matthew O. Jackson). PDF
· The Returns to Seniority in the Labor Market for Academic Economists (with Gregory N. Price). PDF
You can view my CV here.
Most recent update, December 16, 2015 Comments to Laura Razzolini