Questions for each of the exams will taken (with some modification) from the various Problem Sets, Study Questions, and tours covered since the last exam (or, in the case of Exam #1, since the beginning of the semester). For Exam #1, the following are fair game:Problem Sets...and that's it! If you can solve these problems and answer the questions, you should be able to do the same readily on the exam.
Study Questions from notes for
- Problem Set 1: Introduction to Molecular Biology
- Problem Set 2: Molecular Investigations
- Problem Set 3: Genomic Sequencing
Questions and concepts within the tour
- Strategies of Life
- Flow of Information
- Where Genome Sequences Come From
- Tour of Myers et al (2000)
- Gene Regulation and Phage
- Tour of Madsen et al (1999)
- What is a Gene?
For more, see