Virginia Commonwealth University

Studying in the UK and Ireland

The North Devon Coast Walk

British Studies minors are encouraged to study abroad. Students may explore opportunities through the VCU Office of International Education. The Richmond branch of the English Speaking Union also sponsors programs. The official British Government agency for international educational ventures is the British Council. The Washington Office has much information available about study in the UK. British Council USA

The excursion paddlewheeler "Waverly" on the Clyde River, Scotland (2004)

One of VCU's "International Partnership Universities" is the University of the West of England, in the Southwest city of Bristol. Students from UWE began attending VCU in the Fall of 2009, and semester abroad applications by VCU students to UWE are encouraged. Virginia Commonwealth University