ENGL 391 (Section 901, Schedule #29187)
Virginia Commonwealth University
MW 5:30-6:45pm :: Hibbs 331
Prof. David Golumbia
Office: 324D Hibbs Hall
Spr 2014 Office Hours: Tues 1-3:30pm
Group Tasks and Basic Operations
Name your group
Pick 4 (or 3) topics
For each topic you will do the following:
- Find 2 or 3 short articles/blog posts, short videos, or other materials for classmates to look over, approx. 1 hour of “homework,” distributed 1 week before class date via discussion thread & course email
- On the day of the topic, a 5-10 (MAXIMUM 10 minutes; I will cut you off at 10 minutes, period) presentation of major questions, media, topics for discussion; the rest of the class will be devoted to discussion by everyone
- You’ll have a chance to use the material you research in your formal assignments.
Peer grades for groups. Each of you will provide a number, along with a brief justification, for the other members of your group, following these criteria. Your final grade will average the grades of your peers:
- There all the time, did all the reading, contributed vigorously;
- There most of the time, did most of the reading, often contributed;
- There some of the time, sometimes did reading, occasionally contributed;
- Almost never there, rarely did reading, rarely contributed.
Last updated January 24, 2014.