Department of Economics
Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
Recent Working Papers & Work in progress
· Wage inequality, tasks and occupations, August 2012
· A cohort analysis of tasks and wage inequality, November 2012
· Quantitative model of tasks, occupations and wage inequality
· War Mobilization and the Great Compression The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (July 2010)
· Evidence on the Demographic Transition,” Review of Economics and Statistics (2009)
· Fertility and Government Spending on Education at Different Levels of Development (2004) in Economic Growth and Human Capital (eds., M. Boldrin and P. Wang) with Theodore Palivos.
· Fertility and Education Premiums, Journal of Population Economics (2003).
· Comparative Advantage, Trade, and Transboundary Pollution, Open Economies Review (July 2000) with John W. Maxwell.
· Dynamic Effects of Financial Intermediation over the Business Cycle, Economic Inquiry 38, (January 2000) 34-57; with Ping Wang.
· Banking on Fewer Children: Financial Intermediation, Fertility and Economic Development Journal of Population Economics 12 (December 1999) 567-590.
· Fertility, Growth and the Financing of Public Education and Health, Journal of Population Economics 9, (November 1996) 415-428; with Theodore Palivos.
· Can Government Enforcement Permanently Alter Fertility?: The Case of China”; Economic Inquiry 33, (October 1995) with Ping Wang.
· “Fertility Choice and Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence”: The Review of Economics and Statistics, (May 1994), with Ping Wang and Chong Yip.
· Forecast Smoothing and the Optimal Under-utilization of Information at the Federal Reserve”: Journal of Macroeconomics , (Fall 1994)