Top Ten Considerations for Inclusion
Introduction: The List
1. Know your students.
2. Know your special education faculty.
3. Know your special education staff members.
4. Know your administration.
5. Know how to advocate for the “least restrictive environment”.
6. Know your instructional methods and materials and how to adapt them for students with special needs.
7. Know the physical arrangement of your classroom and how to adapt it for students with special needs.
8. Know your classroom management style and how to adapt it for students with special needs.
9. Know how and when to ask for help.
10. Know that you are not alone.